Harbor Wholesale Paid Internship Opportunities for Nisqually High School Students
Harbor Wholesale is offering a Winter mini-internship for high school seniors in the Thurston County area and we would like to first offer it to students with the Nisqually Tribe.
The internship will open at the end of December for applications.
Our Harbor Winter internship is a paid internship of four weeks in duration, at 10-12 hr. per week, not to distract or interfere with regular high school requirements.
Here are some of the highlights of our high school internship program:
- This will provide a tactical immersion in large, complex, and professional business operations that may not be offered elsewhere as readily.
- Not only would this provide a month of paid wages, but more importantly a chance to learn and develop true-life/real-time job skills.
- A certificate of completion at the end will be awarded and could be used for future job applications at Harbor or for any gainful employment elsewhere.
We understand the Nisqually tribe is a keen investor in the business community and this may not align with your goals necessarily, and it may be that your youth has ample exposure to business or part-time jobs during the school-year - however, we wanted to start with Nisqually, first.
Please let me know your interest and if you'd like to open the application process to your highschool seniors. We would have 6 spots available.
- Warehouse Operations (2/ea) One early AM, one would be PM Swing
- Transportation (1) This would be a night schedule
- Accounting and Business Finance (1)
- Technology (1)
- General Office Operations (1)
Contact: Elizabeth Anderson at Harbor Wholesale after Nov. 1
Recruiter - Coporate | Harbor Human Resources
3901 Hogum Bay Road N.E., Lacey, WA 98516
Direct: (360) 918-6432
For flyer, please click here.