Nisqually AmeriCorps is a volunteer program that offers a supportive crew work setting. Learn hands-on skills, build job history, explore a career and earn money for college while taking care of Tribal parks and lands.
In our first year, Nisqually AmeriCorps has done a lot:
- Supported Canoe Journey
- Cleared land for a new park
- Supported the Tribe’s partnership with Nisqually State Park and Mt. Rainier National Park
- Learned about careers in cultural resources, fisheries management, wildlife biology, parks and more
- Building parks and trails on Tribal lands
- Taking care of tribal parks
- Removing invasive plants and planting native food & medicine plants
- Working at Nisqually State Park and Mt. Rainier National Park
Is AmeriCorps Right for You?
- You want to work OUTSIDE
- You want to learn about careers in parks, lands, and natural resource management
- You can make a 12 month full-time commitment
- You want to give back to your community
- Good with being outdoors
- Ready to work hard for the benefit of the Nisqually people and land
- $1,920/month living stipend
- Earn money for college – $5775 for 10 months service
- Build your resume and network
- Heal and Restore Native Lands!
THIS CAN BE YOUR NEW OFFICE
How to Sign-up
Call the Nisqually Tribe Human Resources Department (360) 486-9558.
Downloadable Flyers (Require Adobe Reader, click here to download it for free)